Thursday 14 May 2009

Is reality love just a fantasy?

I don't think I am the only one who is not surprised that Katie Price and Peter Andre have split up.
Their three year and a half marriage is over after they fell in love in the jungle.
I don't want to be cynical about this because I'm sure people have but I don't think people can fall in love with each other after just a few weeks - especially not whilst being watched by millions.
How can you be yourself when you know you are being watched and analysed by people watching you.
I have to say I am not a believer in love at first sight.
To love someone you need to know all the good things and all the bad things about that person and still want to be with them.
And I just don't think this can be discovered after just a few weeks, it could take years.
Katie and Peter are just at the bottom of a long list of reality stars relationships that have run their course.
After reading about Katie and Peter's split another reality TV's stars marriage disaster keeps making an appearance - Chantelle and Preston.
I mean how did they ever think this was going to last.
I think Preston was the biggest fool in all of that.
I mean he left his fiancee for Chantelle to then be filing for divorce just a few months down the line.
On BBC One's The Dark Side Of Fame With Piers Morgan Chantelle said: "I don't think he ever took it seriously.
"I married him because I loved him, but Preston changed into a different person on our honeymoon."
No what happened was Preston became the person he always was but you had never seen that person because you had not known him for long enough.
He was just being the person he thought you wanted him to be.
People get together on reality shows because there is nothing better to do but I don't see how they can come out and announce they are in love.
I mean fair enough if they try and have a relationship for a few years and then it fails but I just don't understand those who declare their love for each other and jump head first into marriage.
It has disaster written all over it.

No comments: