Thursday 9 July 2009

Speed Dating

Now this is something that I would only do for a laugh but people do seriously believe that this is where they will meet 'the one'.
The format of speed dating is the men move around the tables every five minutes and chat to the woman in front of them.
After looking into this form of dating I noted that when you arrive you are given a score card where after each 'date' you are asked to tick - date, friend and no thanks - and you also need to fill in your name and contact details.
You then hand this card into the host at the end of the evening who will then give your details out to anyone who has made a match with you.
It all seems a bit clinical to me but in a world where people are always on the go and find it difficult to meet new people this may be the only chance they get to meet someone new.
The best thing though about this event has to be the question suggestions on the score card.
These are supposed to help you along in finding whether this person is your perfect match.
Here are a few of my favourite suggestions -
1. Where and doing what would be your perfect holiday?
2. What is your favourite type of food and drink?
3. How would your friends describe you?
4. What type of music do you like?
5. What do you enjoy reading?
6. What sort of thing makes you laugh?
7. Who do you admire and why?
This next one has to be my personal favourite.
8. What is in your fridge?
And finally,
9. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Even on a regular length date if someone asked me what was in my fridge alarm bells would start to ring in my head.
I don't think this is the place to meet your one true love but I think I would like to give it a go, just to see what kind of people this form of dating appeals to.
Have you ever tried speed dating or is it something you might consider?
Let me know.

No comments: