Sunday 2 January 2011

Overview of the year 2010

So the year 2010 has come to an end and if I had to sum it up in one word for this blog it would be "cheaters".
From the very start of the year celebrities and footballers came out of the wood work announcing their indiscretions.
Some came as a shock (Ronan Keating and Mark Owen) but some not so much (Ashley Cole).
But I think the one that upset me the most had to be John Terry.
As I said at the time, I am a Chelsea fan and as the captain of my team in my eyes he can do no wrong.
When it was announced he had an affair with his best friends ex-girlfriend his whole world came crashing down.
He lost his friend (remember the hand shake snub), his England captaincy and the respect of the nation.
His wife gracefully forgave me and hopefully this year will be better for him.
Ashley Cole however did not have such a forgiving wife, who after one too many claims of cheating, filed for divorce and the whole country applauded Cheryl Cole for giving him the boot.
But the end of the year saw the announcement of a royal wedding next year (an extra day off, hooray!) and hopefully everything will run smoothly for the pair.
Now the break through that this year has brought for me is I can finally say I am over my ex-boyfriend.
By the end of this year I realised that I had moved on and I have started to have feelings for someone else.
It has taken me more than two years but I can finally leave that part of my life behind me!

No comments: