Sunday 2 November 2008

The First Date

What do you wear? Where do you go? What do you say?
There are no rules for this it is just what you are most comfortable with.
I think a good first date is a relaxed meal, maybe in a pub, and then to the cinema.
The meal gives you a chance to talk and get to know each other and then the cinema gives you time to relax and see how things go from there.
On my first date with my ex that is what we did and it worked really well, except the only film on at the cinema was 'The 40-year-old virgin' so it wasn't the most romantic film but it did make us laugh.
The next thing is what do you wear. I was tricked because when my ex asked me out, he asked me if I wanted to go shopping so I thought we were going shopping so when he came to pick me up I was in baggy jeans and a t-shirt but he didn't make that much of an effort either so it wasn't too disastrous.
Then there is the hardest part of all - how do you end it?
When he dropped me off I wanted him to kiss me so I hovered in the car for too long to see whether he was going to get the signals but he was a typical boy and didn't get the signs.
But after realising that he missed his chance I got a call a few hours later and he came back to my house and we went out for a walk and sat on the park for a talk and then I got my goodnight kiss.
There are no rules for your first date but it is up to you where you want it go and what you want to happen.

No comments: